What’s the Difference Between Deep Cleaning and General Cleaning?
If you are considering hiring a cleaning company to deep clean your home, homeowners in the United States can expect to spend between $200 and $400. According to Angi (formerly known as Angie’s List), cleaning companies based in large metropolitan areas typically charge more for their services than those located in suburban or rural areas.
What Does Deep Cleaning Mean?
Most cleaning companies require first-time clients to sign up for deep cleaning services. This term refers to cleaning every area of your home, scrubbing and scouring if necessary. General house cleaning refers more to straightening and decluttering along with surface-level cleaning. You should be able to request general house cleaning services after your initial deep cleaning appointment.
People often arrange for deep cleaning services before they list their home for sale. Renters may hire a company that offers deep cleaning to help them get back as much of their damage deposit as possible. Hosting special events or holidays at your home could also warrant deep cleaning services.
Examples of How Deep Cleaning Differs From General Cleaning
Cleaning company employees complete several similar tasks whether the homeowner requested deep cleaning or general cleaning.
For example, a cleaning specialist should always complete these tasks in a residential bathroom:
- Clean and disinfect tiles, shower walls, and shower doors
- Dust and wipe baseboards
- General dusting
- Remove trash
Deep cleaning a residential bathroom includes the following tasks in addition to those listed above:
- Clean fingerprints off doors and frames
- Clean individual items
- Sanitize wastebaskets
- Scrub tile grout
- Spend extra time cleaning and disinfecting shower walls and doors
Other tasks cleaning company employees complete for both types of jobs include:
- Change towels
- Clean mirrors and fixtures
- Remove cobwebs
- Sink and vanity cleaned
- Toilet cleaning and disinfection, which includes its base and behind the toilet
- Treat mold and mildew with chemicals
- Vacuum carpets and rugs
- Wash and disinfect the floor
While this is just an example of one room in your home, it should give you a good idea of how many extra services you receive with deep cleaning. Angi advises homeowners to ask for an estimate from each house cleaning company they are considering hiring. The estimate should provide a specific breakdown of services included with deep cleaning
- How to Open a Firearm Store September 16, 2021
- Plants That Get Rid of Pests August 13, 2021
- Conceding To Put-Up The Artificial Hedge Rolls August 11, 2021
- Mark Roemer Oakland Examines What a Furnace Is, How It Works and Why You Need It August 11, 2021
- Finding The Removalist to Suit Your Needs August 11, 2021
- What’s the Difference Between Deep Cleaning and General Cleaning? July 29, 2021
- How to choose a reputable lawn care company June 12, 2021